Look out Cancer, here I come!!!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010











TODAY was BIG! Well, Last night was big, we had a wonderful meal at Kevin and Mary Hiler's home last night! and Julie Greaser made the best tomato pie! thanks guys! love ya!
Then today did church (great message on Freedom) served communion and was prayed for
by the best prayer warriors I know! God showed up in a BIG way and I don't see any possible way that this cancer is going to win tomorrow! Everything and everyone involved with this
surgery was prayed for,even the fact that I hate Barnes was brought out into prayer, I can't wait to see how that turns out! I'm ready to go, let's get this show on the road!
THEN Martha Polen, Susan Leming and I went to get pedicures. LOVED IT! Took the opportunity to have my toes painted teal (the color for ovarian cancer) and had the little cancer ribbon painted on the toes! Had a great time with the girls and love my toes! Hope it gives the folks in the OR something to smile about tomorrow! Maybe even Dr. Z will get a kick out of them!












took us 3 trys to get a picture with the Iphone! Yay, I'm tech savvy!







Then we finished off the evening with the USUAL SUSPECTS over at our house for dinner and now I'm blogging. I am soooo Blessed! Thank you to everyone who has written on my wall, called, texted, prayed, sent well wishes to me, may God bless you all 10 times over for sharing your prayer time with me!


Philippians 4 6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus!


Tomorrow I'll take you on the road with me and in my heart!
Love ya!
Dee Dee

9 comments:

  1. DeeDee,

    A friend I know recently read a book entitled "The Me I want to be:Becoming God's best version of you" by John Ortberg. She posted this amazing message from the book. I thought it was truly uplifting. Girl...you are truly uplifting! Lots of prayers are sent your way today. And....I absolutely love the color of your toes!!!

    "The pivotal moment during a ropes course comes when you are strapped in, ready to climb, and you say to your instructor, "On belay"—which I would be tempted to think is a French phrase meaning "I've lost my mind." Actually, to belay a rope means to make it absolutely secure, to fasten it to something immovable. It means that now your are connected to something that will keep you from falling, and you will entrust your body to what you say you believe. You will walk by faith. On belay….You could listen to the lecture about the safety of carabiners a thousand times; you could repeat the whole thing by memory—but that alone would not remove the fear from your body the first time you are on the ropes….The Bible and prayer were not given to us as forms of anxiety avoidance. In the long run, anytime we avoid doing the right thing out of fear, we die a little inside. When we really place ourselves in the flow of the Spirit's pease is when we say "on belay" to God…."okay, God, I will take the risk even though I don't know the outcome yet." We go through this life one time. Some wonderful things will happen to us; some dreams will come true. Some terrible things will happen to us, bringing with them pain, problems, and disappointment. Of that we can be certain. But we can go through this life worried—or we can go through it at peace.


    Life is too short,


    joy is to precious,


    God is too good,


    our soul is too valuable,


    we matter too much


    to throw away a single moment of our one and only life on anxious striving.


    For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid."


    DeeDee...I believe God gave you your wonderful personality and spirit to show the rest of us how to be strong in faith and love of life.

    Carla Bittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck DeeDee!! I know God is with you. Will be praying! Cancer does indeed, SUCK!! But it sure hasn't shut down the beautiful light that is YOU!! Kick its butt!!

    God Bless DeeDee!
    Mary Richards
    PS....LOVE the toenails!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my privilage to be in prayer for you today, and throughout the weeks to come. You are a powerful witness for Him, Who Is In You!
    Press on, Dee Dee!
    Love you!
    Tracy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lov'n your "toe" statement . . . :))
    been praying for you all night - - -
    I'm standing on the solid rock with you sweetie . . .
    Big hug!
    Linda <3

    Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Carla, thank you for posting that! I will include that phrase "on belay" in my prayer before surgery, hopefully the meds won't kick in before I finish praying this time!!!!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you Dee Dee. You are also on our Sunday School's prayer list. We prayed for you yesterday in class also. God is in contol of your surgery - what better hands are there?! Will continue praying....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers ...When God if for us who can be against us? That means cancer too... Kick butt Dee Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dee Dee, Since we just became friends on facebook, I am sorry to say that I am behind on what is going on in your life. From your blog, it looks like you've got a big day. I don't know the details, but God does, so I am going to rely on Him to intercede. You will be in my prayers, and I will be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DeeDee -- I have been praying for you all day and I have been reminding my Mama to pray. She is the greatest Prayer Warrior that I know and the first person I call whenever I need prayer. I am loaning her to you ---- and she will be faithful to lift you up to the Lord. What a awesome word Carla B!!! "On belay"..wow, I am going to use that myself. I hope all went well today. Rest in His peace....let us do the praying for you.
    hugs ---
    donal

    ReplyDelete